Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Republicans Struggling... at BYU???




    Oh, the irony. A couple of days ago I received a Political Science (PlSc) Department email from the department chair. He was emailing everyone for a very important reason: He couldn’t find anyone willing to head the BYU College Republicans. I laughed. Not because I’m a Democrat, but it was just terribly ironic.


    Apparently, the College Republicans club has been inactive for several months because of the lack of good officers (this seems somewhat reminiscent of the national scene??). Apparently, there have been a few offers from non-political science students, but because the club is hosted by the PlSc department, either the President or several officers must be PlSc majors. I guess there isn’t anyone who studies politics who wants to take on the role.


    It gets better: The department chair ended the email by noting that the BYU College Democrats have had a very active and successful year and offered contact info for the club president to anyone interested.


    Of all the places for the GOP to struggle - at BYU. Oh, the irony. I laughed. My husband laughed. And then we sighed deep sighs and griped about the horrible fate of the Republican party. We simply need to remember the good ole days of Ronald Reagan. Actually, that was before I was born - but I’ve heard it was great.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha :) Yeah, I heard Reagan was pretty great, too...

    ReplyDelete